Saturday, January 12, 2008

The countdown is almost finished

Its my daughters birthday on Tuesday. I did the final run through the OLPC, made sure it could see the wireless network, the wired network worked through a Linksys USB200M, a really old Apple (no wheel) mouse worked etc. I tried some of the software so I think I know how that works as well... you know, I want to be one step ahead of her because I know I will get questions and more questions and more questions... I'm starting to understand what I did to my parents!

So my daughter has a huge interest in Photography, always taking pictures. Then we gave her her own camera last Christmas and then she lost some interest. Will her interest in Pinky-Dinky-Doo and other gems on nickjr and Noggin now subside since she has her own computer? Time will only tell. If nothing else my wife has "dibs" on the OLPC. She thinks its cute and wants to take it down the cafe with her...

No comments: